Friday, March 30, 2007

The end is near, repent!

Okay, so my life is about to end here at Bethany. For the moment. We have a few weeks left of class and then exams are coming up. It's about this time where I become thankful that I never continued with Greek because, let's face it, I would have died. Then again, I'm already screwed academically, so what the hay?

Speaking of dying. So the fire alarm went off last night around 2-2:30am. I didn't hear it at first because of the goodness that is earplugs. So then my RA comes and knocks on my door. Didn't hear it. I eventually woke up, but that after someone came into my room and turned on the lights. Even that didn't work, but I eventually woke up because I started sweating. To be honest, I was more concerned with the notion that someone came into my room. Nevermind the fact that I could have died. SOMEONE WAS IN MY ROOM.

Okay, so before I go, I just want to highlight some sweet music I've been listening to lately. Hopefully, you know of Dallas Green. Well, if you don't, this guy is in a little band called alexisonfire, and he started this side project called City and Colour (witty). So, this past Tuesday, he released a live CD/DVD from one of his performances about this time last year. It has some old-time favorites along with some unreleased material, bad jokes, stage banter, and an alexisonfire cover. Yes. He covers his own band. That's aych-core. But yeah, the songs translate very well live- well, how couldn't it translate well? I mean, it's just him and a guitar for the most part- and he gives the songs a bit of new life by changing them up a bit. But yeah, if you have the time, check it out. It's called Live (surprise surprise).

Oh, and in my defence of the whole fire alarm thing, I was pretty out of it.

No comments: